Friday, September 9, 2011

Fat Is an Advertising Issue

I love that Dove is making a campaign to promote women loving their bodies as they are.  However, it just all seems a little pointless.  I'm sorry, but when I am looking through my Cosmopolitan magazine I want to read about fashion and beauty.  I don't want to see a picture of a bunch of chubby moms in underwear, and I don't know that anyone does.  I absolutely LOVE the Dove video showing how the industry alters the model's look.  I find that video extremely effective, and more things like this would help.  The underwear pictures are honestly just weird and a waste of time in my opinion.  While I applaud the cause, I find this dumb.  Also, is Orbach from Scotland? She uses the word "mums" not moms.  I suppose it could be a typo.

No comments:

Post a Comment